[Idle-dev] IDLE extension

Guido van Rossum guido@python.org
Sat, 02 Mar 2002 15:44:59 -0500

> the attached files implement a (quick and dirty but useful)
> extension to IDLE 0.8 (Python 2.2).
>
> Similar to "CallTips" this extension shows member functions and
> attributes after hitting a "."  The toplevel help window supports
> scrolling (up- and down-Keys). The 'space'-key is used to insert the
> topmost item into the IDLE text window.
>
> Martin

Martin, would you mind submitting this as a patch to SourceForge?

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=add&group_id=5470&atid=305470

Patches mailed to a mailing list tend to get lost before they're
reviewed...

Also, we'd like to see a context (or unified) diff rather than a whole
new file -- this makes it easier to see what you changed.