[Idle-dev] idlefork handover

Stephen M. Gava elguavas@python.net
11 Sep 2002 10:44:26 +1000

Greetings idleforkers and idlefork interested.

After discussion with Guido and Kurt, and consideration of some reasons
relating to my personal life, and in spite of being asked by Guido to
stay on, I've decided to withdraw from my involvement with the idlefork
project for now.

I hand over the management aspects of the project to Kurt in full
confidence that he will continue to do as excellent a job in those areas
as he has in his other involvement with the project so far.

The coding work I signed on for on the config back and frond ends is
complete to first cut level and I'll continue to keep an eye on the list
for now and of course be available to the guys on the project for
questions about that.

To the people I've had much contact with in my work on the project so
far, David Scherer, Bruce Sherwood, Chui Tey, Kurt Kaiser, Raymond
Hettinger, Fred Drake, (only a quick list off the top of my head) and of
course Guido; it's been a real pleasure working with you all.

I'm in the process of officially handing over all the necessary tasks
and admin roles to Kurt at the moment.

So, farewell,
and thanks to everyone who's been interested in the project,
Stephen.
--
Stephen M. Gava <elguavas@python.net> http://python.net/crew/elguavas
IDLEfork http://idlefork.sourceforge.net "just like IDLE, only crunchy"