[Idle-dev] IDLE 0.8 - severe bug?

Heiko Schröder heikos@foni.net
Sun, 13 Apr 2003 00:08:49 +0200

Dear list,

I tried hard to find any information about the following bug, which I suppose
to be a familiar one.

I am using:

System: Linux SuSE 8.2
IDLE-Version: 0.8
Python-Version: 2.2.2
Tkinter-Version: 8.4

Problem:

Every trial to open a window -- even a help window -- in IDLE producesa
similar Errorcode like this (tried to open Python-Documentation in IDLE):

Exception in Tkinter callback:
File /var/tmp/python-2.2.2.-build//usr/lib/python2.2/lib-tk/Tkinter.py, line
1299 in __call__
args=apply(self.subst,args)

File /var/tmp/python-2.2.2-build//usr/lib/python2.2/lib-tk/Tkinter.py, line
1035, in _substitute
  e.num=getint(b)

Value Error: invalid literal for int(): ??

Do you know where I will get hints to fix this bug? I am afraid that the
Tkinter version does not match the IDLE-Version in the package which SuSE 8.2
uses.

Thanks for your help
Heiko

--