[Idle-dev] [ idlefork-Bugs-538584 ] IDLE needs to allow control of eol seq

SourceForge.net noreply@sourceforge.net
Fri, 21 Feb 2003 09:51:14 -0800

Bugs item #538584, was opened at 2002-04-03 01:18
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=109579&aid=538584&group_id=9579

Category: None
Group: None

Initial Comment:
IDLE tries to respect the end of line sequence of the
platform it is running on. However, sometimes this
isn't the correct behavior.

I want to use IDLE on Windows, but access files on a
Samba share. These files are in turn used by Apache,
and it's very picky about end-of-line. If the file has
CR-LF, it won't execute it.

Any time I change a file with IDLE, it resets all the
end of line sequences. This also fouls up the ability
to diff files, or do CVS merges, because it's a global
change.

IDLE should either (1) allow an explicit setting for
EOL sequence, or (2) figure out what it is for a
specific file and then write it out the same way.