[Idle-dev] [ idlefork-Bugs-661759 ] IDLE should preserve source files' newline conventions

SourceForge.net noreply@sourceforge.net
Mon, 06 Jan 2003 09:49:37 -0800

Bugs item #661759, was opened at 2003-01-03 18:11
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=109579&aid=661759&group_id=9579

Category: None
Group: None

Initial Comment:
If I move a Unix source file to a Windows system (or
vice versa) and use IDLE to edit the file, the changed
file acquires the newline convention of its new host.
This behavior, though logical, is inconvenient in
heterogeneous environments.

I would like to suggest that when IDLE opens a source
file, it should determine what newline convention the
file uses and preserve that convention when it updates
the file.