[Idle-dev] Windows Helpfiles

Kurt B. Kaiser kbk@shore.net
Wed, 08 Jan 2003 22:31:58 -0500

"Bruce Sherwood" <basherwo@unity.ncsu.edu> writes:

> Very interesting. Thanks for the feature and the explanation.

Yes, Stephen M. Gava worked hard to give us this feature.

>Minor correction: I find experimentally on Windows that the .idlerc
>folder is not at c:\ but rather (correctly) in the individual user's
>"Documents and Settings" (at least on modern versions of
>Windows). That means that users should be able to do their own
>configuring even on machines where they're locked out of much of the
>hard disk.

Well, I agree that the My Documents folder is where it belongs.  But I
also determined experimentally that it's at c:\ and is re-created
there when deleted.    :)

My W2K machine is unusual in that it's configured to put My Documents
on the d: drive.  Guess I'll have to read the code.

--
KBK