[Idle-dev] A suggestion to IDLE (A wish from a Unix user)

Aki Niimura akineko@pacbell.net
Wed, 15 Jan 2003 20:44:19 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

I would like to make a suggestion to IDLE, if I may.

I'm currently porting my C++ Unix program to a Python program
on Windows. To run a Python program on Windows, IDLE is an essential
tool.

However, I have one big complaint that IDLE doesn't have a way
to reload (or refresh) the loaded file contents unless I close
the IDLE windows and start over.

The way I'm debugging the program is:
(1) write a program in Unix using my favourite editor

(2) open the file with IDLE in Windows
  - the file is shared between the platforms using Samba

(3) update the file in Unix

(4) try again in Windows
  - currently I need to close the IDLE and start over

//

It would be very nice if the future IDLE has a way to refresh the
file being loaded.  (I'm using IDLE 0.8)

Thank you for your attentions.

Aki-