[Idle-dev] [ idlefork-Bugs-660702 ] Cannot configure help file

SourceForge.net noreply@sourceforge.net
Sun, 19 Jan 2003 17:04:14 -0800

Bugs item #660702, was opened at 2003-01-01 10:17
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=109579&aid=660702&group_id=9579

Category: None
Group: None

Initial Comment:
On Windows, in the "General" section of the
configuration settings, when I try to enter a valid URL on
the internet (such as http://vpython.org/index.html), I'm
told "Help path does not exist". If I enter the path to a
local html file (such as C:\Python23\Doc\index.html),
then click Apply, then click Ok, nothing new appears on
the Help menu, and when I return to the configuration
settings my entry is gone. It works properly if I click Ok
without clicking Apply. Also, if I have valid additional
html references and click Apply, then Ok, I lose those
references. In summary, valid URL's cannot be entered,
and the "Apply" button apparently erases all help entries.