[Idle-dev] [ idlefork-Bugs-747772 ] RedHat Linux 8.0 problems

SourceForge.net noreply@sourceforge.net
Mon, 02 Jun 2003 14:41:28 -0700

Bugs item #747772, was opened at 2003-06-02 21:41
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=109579&aid=747772&group_id=9579

Category: None
Group: None

Initial Comment:
When installing the latest CVS on RedHat Linux 8.0,
setup failed because it was looking for CREDITS.txt,
HISTORY.txt, INSTALL.txt, LICENSE.txt, NEWS.txt, and
README.txt, all of which were present but with
lower-case file names (which didn't matter on Windows).

The Help for Idle displays "\r" at the end of each line.

I always get the "cannot open socket" message,
sometimes when trying to start Idle, but sometimes not
until I press F5 to run. I don't have this problem with
the old original idlefork.

I had a nonreproducible problem with keyboard shortcuts
such as Ctrl-C for copy. For a while they worked only
for items on the Format menu. Now they all work.
Thought I should at least report it.