[Idle-dev] [ idlefork-Bugs-747667 ] Error doesn't decolorize

SourceForge.net noreply@sourceforge.net
Wed, 04 Jun 2003 19:39:02 -0700

Bugs item #747667, was opened at 2003-06-02 13:27
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by kbk
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=109579&aid=747667&group_id=9579

Category: None
Group: None

Initial Comment:
On Windows, using the latest CVS version: In the midst
of a program file, deliberately omit a final right
parens and run. Get syntax error message, and the first
word of the next line is colorized. Add the ")" to the
preceding line and run again. The colorized word stays
colorized forever, even if you scroll it off and back
on the screen. In fact, at the moment I have several
different colorized words being displayed.

(It is a long-standing bug that the line FOLLOWING a
missing right parens is flagged rather than the line
itself. I can kind of see how this happens, but it is a
large source of confusion, especially for
unsophisticated users, because the flagged line looks
and is correct.)