[Idle-dev] Known bug? Saving fails in IDLE if accents used in characters

Guido van Rossum guido@python.org
Sun, 23 Mar 2003 08:08:45 -0500

Hi Harri!

> In Python 2.2.1, Mandrake 9.0,  and Python 2.2.2 on Windows 2000/Win98
> trying out IDLE, I'm observing the following:

[Saving buffers containing non-ASCII characters doesn't work]

The version of IDLE that comes with Python 2.3 (currently in alpha,
see python.org/2.3) deals with this problem.  It should also be solved
in IDLEfork, also in alpha, see idlefork.sf.net).  Python 2.3 will
eventually adopt IDLEfork as the standard IDLE version; I think
IDLEfork also works with Python 2.2.