[Idle-dev] [ idlefork-Bugs-732397 ] running/debugging fails from within Blender

SourceForge.net noreply@sourceforge.net
Wed, 14 May 2003 21:05:19 -0700

Bugs item #732397, was opened at 2003-05-04 18:14
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by kbk
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=109579&aid=732397&group_id=9579

Category: None
Group: None

Initial Comment:
Due to the poor support of Python editing,
 I was happy to find out that
Idle was the (only) editor which could be run from
within Blender it self. Unfortunately debugging
wouldn't work (AttributeError:__nonzero__ for
Delegator<ColorDelegator.recolorize()<Tkinter.callit()<...).
Still Idle for Blender remains very usefull, as I can
run and import programs without any problem. The
text/python editor for Blender is very primitive (no
indentation,calltips or auto completion) so I am really
happy to use the Idle.

I downloaded IdleFork as I expected that debugging
would have been improved and maybe possible for
Blender. Unfortunately Blender crashes with Idlefork.
Setting use_subprocess to zero helped. I now can open
the editor from within Blender. But even running or
importing doesn't work anymore also.

As Idle is 100% Python it would be nice if it can be
run with a function like main(), but not focused on
sys.argv
eg launchIdle(files=[],edit=1,shell=1,debug=1,...)
This would allow Idle to be launched from within any
environment also Poser and Truespace.

To conclude my request is:
1 a function like main to be called from Python, not
from the command prompt

2 To make Idle edit, run and debug in Blender

Any reaction would be highly appreciated,
Thanks a lot,
Stani
s_t_a_n_i@yahoo.com

PS
I'm using python2.22 which is also the supported Python
version of Blender.