[Idle-dev] [ idlefork-Bugs-629985 ] Slow output

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Sun Nov 30 15:17:59 EST 2003

Bugs item #629985, was opened at 2002-10-28 12:28
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by kbk
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=109579&aid=629985&group_id=9579

Category: None
Group: None

Initial Comment:
When a program writes many small amounts of text to
sys.stdout, the RPC package really seems to slow things
down. Perhaps the RPC mechanism can be extended with a
special case for "no-return" method calls, where the
client doesn't wait for a response and the server
doesn't send one. (This should only be done for
functions that aren't expected to return a value or
raise an exception, of course.)