[Idle-dev] Python 2.3 IDLE is randomly freezing.

Martin Cameron sunet2000 at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 23 11:25:57 EDT 2004

This might be a dupe (sorry)

Hi, is this the correct place to post things like
this?
I'm having a problem with the stock python2.3 install
in debian sid. I've submitted a bug report there, but
I'm having trouble reliably reproducing it.

What happens is that after 10 minutes or so of typing
in the idle editor window the application freezes and
stops repainting. There is no traceback output on the
terminal.

How do I go about debugging this? I tried to
instantiate an EditorWindow in the debugger but it
appears to require quite a bit of environment. Any
help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Martin