[Idle-dev] some requirements

Latham, SE (Sue) S.E.Latham at rl.ac.uk
Thu May 6 07:10:53 EDT 2004

I've just tried idle for debugging and I think it needs a few more features
before I would use it regularly for this purpose.
Some suggestions:-
- Conditional breakpoints.
- Ability to inspect and change variables/ object values as you go along by
right-clicking on the item in the source window.
- Ability to pass arguments when running a script.
- Close source windows when modules have been exited (or ability to choose
which module source windows to always have open).
- also liked Al Schapira's suggestion of entering and evaluating an
expression whenever you like

If any of these things can already be done, please let me know how (I
couldn't see any mention in the documentation or help).

Regards,