[Idle-dev] IDLE Backspace not working correctly in Win2000

Hopkins, Jason (MED, GEMS-IT) Jason.Hopkins at med.ge.com
Tue May 25 11:20:17 EDT 2004

I am running IDLE 1.0.2 & Python 2.3.3 in Win2000 and XP.  On my XP box I
don't have any problems, but in Win2000 when I hit backspace or when I hit
Enter to start a new line a small square box appears.  When I hit backspace
the letter to the left becomes a box and then I'm set back to the same
position I was when I started.  Looks like this:

>>> backspace
>>> backspac

The hex is 08, so it looks like a backspace, but I don't know why it doesn't
work.

Return creates a new line then puts a box on that line.  It's hex is 0d, so
it looks like a newline, again, I don't understand why this works on XP, but
not on my 2k box.

Thanks,
Jason