[Idle-dev] idle -h etc

Hernan Martinez Foffani hernan at orgmf.com.ar
Mon Jun 13 20:32:22 CEST 2005

>> What other capability do you feel is missing?

Just because you've asked, my wish list is:
- A config option to set the current working
  directory on shell startup.
- That IDLE detects itself running and open
  another window instead of another process
  when I rightclick on a script (Windows OS).
- A config option that hides the shell when I
  start IDLE for editing a file.
- Intelligent copy&paste of code snippets from
  browsers or ascii editors to idle's shell and back
  magically handling PS1/PS2 and tabs/spaces.
- copy&paste code snippets from shell to edit
  windows as docstrings.

- the concept of a project integrated in IDLE
- subversion and/or generic SCM plugin capabilities.
mmm... no...  may be the last two belong to an third
party tool that could use IDLE as an editor/debugger?

Regards,
-Hernan.

ah... also change the Tk logo! :-)
yes, I know :(