[Idle-dev] idle -h etc
Hernan Martinez Foffani
hernan at orgmf.com.ar
Mon Jun 13 20:32:22 CEST 2005
>> What other capability do you feel is missing?
Just because you've asked, my wish list is:
- A config option to set the current working
directory on shell startup.
- That IDLE detects itself running and open
another window instead of another process
when I rightclick on a script (Windows OS).
- A config option that hides the shell when I
start IDLE for editing a file.
- Intelligent copy&paste of code snippets from
browsers or ascii editors to idle's shell and back
magically handling PS1/PS2 and tabs/spaces.
- copy&paste code snippets from shell to edit
windows as docstrings.
- the concept of a project integrated in IDLE
- subversion and/or generic SCM plugin capabilities.
mmm... no... may be the last two belong to an third
party tool that could use IDLE as an editor/debugger?
ah... also change the Tk logo! :-)
yes, I know :(
More information about the IDLE-dev