[Idle-dev] debugging with idle

Bartels, C.L.L. C.L.L.Bartels at student.tue.nl
Mon May 23 11:49:05 CEST 2005

Hi,

I've been using idle for some time now, and I really like it, it is small/clean/comes with the standard python package and can do most of what I want. Only it's debugging capability is a bit incomplete (or I am not using it correctly, so correct me if I am wrong), i.e. I use a lot of classes with submembers (which for example are lists with implicit references to other python objects) etc... And I can't really view them in the python debugger, it only sais: "class instance at addr xxx" and I cant click it or view deeper into it. Any ideas on this?

Best regards,
Chris