[Idle-dev] Erik Thompson's opinions on IDLE

Fuzzyman fuzzyman at voidspace.org.uk
Tue Nov 21 17:25:14 CET 2006

Tal Einat wrote:

> This is a response form Erik Thompson to my question regarding what
> he likes about IDLE and which features he finds missing.
>
> Nothing too extraordinary, but things we're hearing to often:
> * would like tabbed browsing of windows
> * hasn't found the "recent files" feature

Tabbed editing and recent files shouldn't clutter the IDLE interface
excessively and would make it *much* more useful.

However the tabbed feature tends to lead to further feature requests,
like being able to drag the tabs to re-order them.

+many on these two features though. They would make a lot of difference
to IDLE.

Fuzzyman
http://www.voidspace.org.uk/index2.shtml