[Idle-dev] IDLE Hung up after open script by command line

Ronald Oussoren ronaldoussoren at mac.com
Wed Sep 20 13:53:45 CEST 2006

On Wednesday, September 20, 2006, at 01:18PM, Marek Nowicki <faramir2 at gazeta.pl> wrote:

>Dnia 20-09-2006 o 07:58:56 Ronald Oussoren <ronaldoussoren at mac.com>
>> Thanks for the detailed bug report, although to nit-pick it would
>> have been better to file the report at http://www.sf.net/projects/
>> python ;-)
>I think that this isn't problem with python but with IDLE and I think that
>IDLE is independent project.

But IDLE does use the python bug tracker and is hosted in the python repository. Having a bugreport in the tracker keeps us from forgetting that issues exist.

>> I cannot reproduce your problem with Python 2.5 (final) and OSX 10.4.
>> IDLE keeps responsive throughout, although it does take a while
>> before the output of your script actually appears in the *Python
>> Shell* window.
>> What OS are you using?
>Microsoft Windows XP Professional with ServicePack 2.

I was afraid you were going to say that. Hopefully someone that uses windows will drop by, I try to stay away from windows as much as possible.