[Idle-dev] IDLE Hung up after open script by command line

Ronald Oussoren ronaldoussoren at mac.com
Wed Sep 20 22:49:48 CEST 2006

On Sep 20, 2006, at 10:27 PM, John Zelle wrote:

> To me, the issue is not so much a single user editing multiple
> files, but
> rather the situation when you have a shared machine with multiple
> (simultaneous) users, as is frequently the case in a lab
> environment. With a
> fixed port, remote and local users cannot both be running IDLE. If
> this patch
> addresses that, then I think it should be given high priority.

That sounds like a good reason for using this patch, applying it
because you can then open multiple files using 'Edit with IDLE' is
IMHO not because it fixes the wrong issue.

If added a comment to patch #1201569 (which isn't Tal's patch but
something simular), it seems that patch was rejected for now because
of vague socket-rebinding problems on Windows, which may be caused by
odd behaviour of windows (see my comment on the patch for more
information)

Ronald