[Idle-dev] IDLE and multi-tabs

Tal Einat taleinat at gmail.com
Thu Apr 12 13:42:59 CEST 2007

On 4/11/07, billiejoex <gnewsg at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi there.
> I would like to know: does tkinter supports multiple-tabs? Does exist a
> sort of modified version of IDLE supporting multiple-tabs? I'd really
> appreciate such feature in IDLE...

Hi,

Unfortunately, the Tk toolkit does not natively support tabbed panels.
However, tabbed panels have been implemented using the Tk toolkit - check
out IDLE configuration dialog for an example.

Tabbed pages in IDLE is the most requested new feature for IDLE for some
time. However, development of new features for IDLE is currently not
happening, because nobody is willing to spend the time and effort required.

Personally I would love to work on this, but I simply do not have the time.
I am currently a University student, and outside my studies and my part-time
job, have very little time for other projects. Perhaps in my summer break...

Sincerely,
- Tal Einat