[Idle-dev] SearchBar - Have fun searching in IDLE!

Tal Einat taleinat at gmail.com
Mon Jan 29 00:40:46 CET 2007

Attached is a first working version of the SearchBar extension, with
search and word completion.

What I need now is beta testers! Please take the 2 minutes it takes to
install this, and report and issues or comments.
(You can always disable the extension in config-extensions.def (enable=0),
and the good old dialogs will kick in.)

* AFAIK this -should- work with all recent versions of IDLE (those shipped
with Python2.2 and above).

Comments et. al. much appreciated.

- Tal

Just search as usual. When the extension is enabled it binds to the usual
find/replace events.
To complete words in the find and replace entries: Alt+/  ("slash", on the
question mark key)

Place the attached files in your idlelib dir,
and add the following lines to config-extensions.def:

(yes, the last 2 lines are required)