[Idle-dev] hi, newbie questions

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Sat May 19 23:58:16 CEST 2007

"phil jones" <interstar at gmail.com> wrote

>> I think wxPython is slowly gaining momentum, with the
>> lack of a WYSIWYG GUI builder holding it back.

PMFJI, But doesn't Boa Constructor do wxPython GUI building?
I've never used it and in fact only just downloaded it. I haven't
tried using it yet but the screenshots look good ;-)

>> As it is, wxPython is great if you like to write your GUI
>> by hand.

I agree, and now that Robin has a book out its much easier
to use. One of the reasons I stuck with Tkinter for a long
time was that I had Grayson's book and all the Tcl/Tk docs
to fall back on. Robin's book is much better than Graysons
IMHO and answers almost all the questions I've had when
using wxPython.

But like Phil, I like to use the batteries included wherever
I can. and especially in my tutorial pages. So anything
that improves Tkinter /Tix(*) and IDLE is good by me!

(*)Although I haven't tried using tix yet, but I'm aiming to
just as soon as I get some free cycles.

--
Alan Gauld
Author of the Learn to Program web site