[Idle-dev] Dealing with a few feature requests

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Fri May 25 11:12:20 CEST 2007

"Tal Einat" <taleinat at gmail.com> wrote

> * Ctrl+Right behavior: It as been suggested that pressing Ctrl+Right
> should
> jump to the next word ending, instead of the next word beginning
> like it
> currently does.

So far as I can tell the current bahaviour is the normal Windows
behaviour so any change would make IDLE non standard. Not sure
about other platforms though. (Its also how gvim behaves.)

> * Cursor color change: For changes to the cursor's color to take
> effect,
> IDLE must be restarted. This is a known issue with Tk's Text widget,
> so I
> don't see how we could work around this... Still, we could have a
> popup
> message appear after a change to the cursor color

A popup is better than nothing apparently happening.

> * Tabbed pages - This is the #1 feature request right now.

me too. :-)
Although sometimes the multiple windows are better since you
can see multiple files at once... but the desktop soon gets cluttered.

Alan G