[Idle-dev] Dealing with a few feature requests

Tal Einat taleinat at gmail.com
Fri May 25 11:37:17 CEST 2007

On 5/24/07, Douglas S. Blank <dblank at brynmawr.edu> wrote:
> Some other suggestions:
> 1) Make the default color syntax formatter default to python before saving
> an unnamed buffer. Most people use IDLE for editing Python files, so that
> seems reasonable. Of course, saving the file in another format would still
> change the formatter.

Sounds reasonable to me as well. I believe this has already been asked for
in the past, I'll have to look it up.

2) Disable by default (or ask for confirmation on) Control+p. How many
> times students accidentally press control+p rather than alt+p, and send
> the last two hours of editing to the printer. A "select printer dialog"
> could also prevent this mistake.

After prvious discussion on idle-dev, I've recently submitted a patch which
causes a yes/no dialog asking "are you sure you want to print?" to appear.
If you like the idea, please try it out and post a (hopefully positive)
review: SourceForge patch

BTW, the hotkey for print has been recently changed to Ctrl+t instead of
Ctrl+p in the SVN.

- Tal