[Idle-dev] Mac OS X implementation problem

Ronald Oussoren ronaldoussoren at mac.com
Sat May 26 06:38:39 CEST 2007

On Friday, May 25, 2007, at 06:20PM, "Denis Lorrain" <denis.lorrain at cnsmd-lyon.fr> wrote:

>Hello to all,
>
>   An implementation problem has appeared on my Mac PowerBook G4
>with French Mac OS X 10.4.9. I have used Python IDLE.app, and,
>since then, my MCL 5.1 (Macintosh Common LISP) environment is
>not functioning properly.
>   I'm not a sophisticated user of Python, and used to open
>PythonIDE for my ordinary limited usage. In fact, I've launched
>IDLE.app rather inadvertently!

Which version of Python do you use?

As Tal Einat also noted IDLE doesn't do anything special to your system. It does create a folder named ".idlerc" in your home directory and IDLE is associated with .py files.

BTW. To change the file associations back to MCL 5.1: open the "Get Info" pane for one of the files. One of the sections in this pane is named "Open with:" in the English version of OSX and can be used to change the application that's used to open this file. Use the combobox to reselect MCL 5.1 as the program to open the file and use the button (labeled "change all..." in the English version) in the "Open with..." section to change the file association for all files with this suffix.

And finally: is MCL the program distributed by http://www.digitool.com?

Ronald