[Idle-dev] Cofiguration on OSX

Bruce Sherwood Bruce_Sherwood at ncsu.edu
Mon Nov 17 17:15:47 CET 2008

I'm puzzled by this, too. If you set up a shell script to drive

	python ......idlelib/idle.pyw

then you get all of IDLE's capabilities, including the options menu. It
looks like someone went to a lot of trouble on the Mac to make a special
"IDLE" app that is crippled.

However, there's more crippling, because with either kind of access to
IDLE, there are serious mouse interaction problems, at least with Python
2.5. Click in some text, and the insertion point ends up somewhere else.
Drag the scrollbar and it sticks and gets behind.

There seem to be even bigger problems with Python 2.6.

Bruce Sherwood