[Idle-dev] Restart Shell, No Longer Being Offered?

Tal Einat taleinat at gmail.com
Tue Jun 16 00:36:31 CEST 2009

Since it wasn't entirely clear exactly what you're looking for in your
original post, I would also like to mention...

Roger Serwy has recently written an IDLE extension to clear the shell
window's contents (without affecting the state of the underlying Python
process). This is different from restarting the shell, which is what Jason
was referring to, which actually starts a new Python process in which
following commands will be run (but without clearing the shell window).

See: http://bugs.python.org/issue6143

- Tal Einat