[Idle-dev] Strange behaviouir of IDLE 3

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Mon Jun 29 23:27:17 CEST 2009

I've been updating my online tutorial to Python v3.
I've come across a weird "feature" of IDLE 3:
The menus show as a pair of up/down arrows!
Clicking the arrows does nothing obvious.

If you select a menu and then hit the letter of the
menu item it works OK but you can't see it on screen
so can't use the mouse. This is a real pain!
Has anyone else found this? Or is it just me?
And does anyone know what to do to fix it ?

I'm using Windows XP Pro SP2 and Python 3.0

>>> import sys
>>> sys.version
'3.0 (r30:67503, Dec 11 2008, 09:05:16) [MSC v.1500 32 bit (Intel)]'

IDLE for 2.5.1 works fine on the same machine

--
Alan G
Author of the Learn to Program web site