[Idle-dev] Restart Shell, No Longer Being Offered?

Hatem Nassrat hnassrat at gmail.com
Tue Mar 17 00:57:26 CET 2009

Hi,

Although I am not a windows user, I am helping a couple of people
learn the awesome Language that is Python. Doing so requires them to
experiment with the Python Shell and forcefully put errors and what
not. One thing that I found quite irritating is that there was no easy
way to clear the shell from what was already loaded in it. However, it
seems that the documentation states that it is possible:

    Shell Menu (only in Shell window):

        View Last Restart -- Scroll the shell window to the last restart
        Restart Shell     -- Restart the interpreter with a fresh environment

Any clues on how I can reach this menu, or get to these options within
an Idle Python Shell would be great.

Thanks,

--
Hatem Nassrat