[Idle-dev] How to run selected statements in IDLE (Windows XP)?

Michael Foord fuzzyman at voidspace.org.uk
Tue May 12 11:46:30 CEST 2009

Hello Wei Su,

I don't think IDLE has a concept of 'executing selected statements'. You
have two main windows with IDLE - one for writing whole programs, which
you can then run by pressing F5, and an interactive environment which
behaves like the normal Python interactive interpreter (executing
individual statements or blocks like function and class definitions etc).

All the best,

Michael Foord

http://www.ironpythoninaction.com/