[Idle-dev] IDLE 2.6.4 crashes constantly

Tal Einat taleinat at gmail.com
Sun Apr 4 20:43:22 CEST 2010

Hi guys, nice to see some traffic here again :)

VIDLE sounds quite like my IDLE-Spoon fork of IDLE, at least from the
"features" list on its page (http://vpython.org/vidle/index.html). Is VIDLE
is compatible with Python 3.x? IDLE-Spoon is not (yet).

IDLE-Spoon:
http://bitbucket.org/taleinat/idle-spoon/wiki/Home

I haven't done any work on IDLE-Spoon lately due to lack of perceived
interest. If there is some interest, I'd gladly help in merging VIDLE's
changes with those in IDLE-Spoon and porting these to Python 2.7 and 3.x.

I also have some experience getting changes to IDLE into the mainstream
version, which usually mostly involves getting the attention of whoever is
currently the official IDLE maintainer (this used to be Kurt B. Kaiser,
a.k.a. KBK for quite a few years).