[Idle-dev] IDLE 2.6.4 crashes constantly

Guilherme Polo ggpolo at gmail.com
Wed Apr 7 18:42:15 CEST 2010

2010/3/9 Steffen Møller-Larsen <sml at humgen.au.dk>:
> Hi, all
>
> I have recently downloaded and installed IDLE 2.6.4 via an Activepython distribution. I find that IDLE crashes over and over again causing it to freeze completely. It is a real pain if the work has not been saved. I am running it on a fairly new iMac running OSX 10.6.2. Is this a common problem for this version? Thank you in advance.
>
> Respectfully
>
> Steffen Møller-Larsen

Since no one replied to your message I would suggest trying to get the
actual error message, if there is one. Maybe running IDLE from the
Terminal app could help on this task. A better description is
necessary, does it crash very often or it gets frozen ? I suspect
there aren't many people using IDLE on OSX, so the more information
you give the greater are the chances of getting some help.

Regards,

--
-- Guilherme H. Polo Goncalves