[Idle-dev] [Python-Dev] Removing IDLE from the standard library

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Mon Jul 12 17:52:02 CEST 2010

On Tue, Jul 13, 2010 at 1:07 AM, Michael Foord
<fuzzyman at voidspace.org.uk> wrote:

> That mailing list (python-checkins) is way too high traffic for many
> committers to monitor. I hope people making comments on checkins also email
> the committer directly.

Not normally, no - there's no easy way to connect a checkin message to
a committer's email address, so it's usually just a matter of hitting
"Reply" and sending the review comment to the list. With a new
committer I'll make the effort to cc them directly in case they aren't
subscribed yet, but I expect everyone else to be monitor the checkins
list.

If the list is too high volume, filter it down to just those issues
with your checkin name in the "From" or "To" fields (your own checkin
messages will have the former, while replies should have the latter,
even though the email address in both cases will actually be
python-checkins at python.org.

Cheers,
Nick.