[Idle-dev] [Python-Dev] Removing IDLE from the standard library

Brian Curtin brian.curtin at gmail.com
Wed Jul 14 19:44:42 CEST 2010

On Wed, Jul 14, 2010 at 11:34, Terry Reedy <tjreedy at udel.edu> wrote:

> On 7/14/2010 4:10 AM, Georg Brandl wrote:
>
>  Sure, and if it was work time, we probably would do this ;).  As it is
>> right now, this is volunteer time, and I would say that we're entitled
>> to do whatever helps us getting done the (not always exciting) work,
>> and our IRC crap talk, if that's what it is, happens to be among that.
>>

> Pending that, is there any time of day when more people with commit
> privileges are likely to be present.

There never seems to be a lack of committers online. There are plenty of us
here in the US, along with numerous committers from a host
of European countries and elsewhere, so committer availability tends to
follow the sun. Knowing that you are in the US, I don't think you'll come
across many dead-zones.