[Idle-dev] [Python-Dev] What to do with languishing patches?

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Tue Jul 20 07:37:17 CEST 2010

Mark Lawrence writes:

 > Is this the same login as for the issue tracker or is a new one needed?

It's different.  Both trackers are supposed to support OpenID logins,
I believe.  (However, there are somewhat frequent reports of
difficulties with it; I don't know if the system is fully debugged.  I
think most people are OK, but making a new login is the sure path.)

 > I also suspect that subsections for Extension Modules would be extremely
 > useful for our C developers, thoughts anybody?

Do you mean an entry per module?

The XEmacs Tracker (http://tracker.xemacs.org/), which also is based
on Roundup, has an extensive list of add-on packages (somewhat like
the stdlib).  We're currently stuck in the doldrums, and it is sadly
mostly unused, so I can't really comment on the utility.

I find that there are some UI issues with such long lists in Roundup.
I don't want to discourage adding such information to the tracker; I
think it's a good idea.  But it will need attention to UI to be most
useful.