[Idle-dev] IDLE suggestion

Roger Serwy roger.serwy at gmail.com
Thu May 13 22:02:57 CEST 2010

Hi Monte,

I wrote an extension last year that does that, but it still needs some
work. You can find the code at:
http://ews.illinois.edu/~serwy/python/code/LineNumbers.py

Just add the appropriate entry to config-extensions.def, as found in the
beginning of the code.

The extension provides a pane with line numbers. Clicking on the pane
brings up the "Goto" dialog box. Also, IDLE already has a built-in
keyboard shortcut for bringing up the "Goto" box. I have it set to Alt-G.

Cheers,
Roger