[Idle-dev] Submitted Guilherme Polo's enhancement

Bruce Sherwood basherwo at ncsu.edu
Thu Oct 14 17:22:21 CEST 2010

I will submit an appropriate patch for 2.7; vidle was used with 2.6
and 2.7 since summer 2009. There were indeed a variety of problems
with idlelib on Python 2 that the temporary fix of vidle addressed. I
wasn't aware that things got worse from 2.6 to 2.7, because I only
used vidle with these Pythons.

I need to check whether the Mac failure to save changes upon pressing
cmd-Q was present in 2.7 as well as 3.

Bruce Sherwood