[Idle-dev] Submitted Guilherme Polo's enhancement

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Fri Oct 15 05:29:24 CEST 2010

On 10/14/2010 10:57 AM, Guido van Rossum wrote:
> Is there any chance of getting these changes into 2.7 as well? There
> will be bugfix updates for 2.7, and David Beazley just tweeted about
> how the IDLE experience with Python 2.7 got much worse compared to
> 2.6.

If there are new features in the patch, it would violate the 'no new
features in bugfixes' policy. On the other hand, since IDLE is used
interactively rather than in programs, I do not think the reason for the
policy applies as strongly as to everything else in the stdlib.

Bruce, if you post a 2.7 patch with new features, please quote Guido's
request so that tracker gardeners will know that it has BDFL approval in
that regard.

--
Terry Jan Reedy