[Idle-dev] New IDLE for Python 2.7

Bruce Sherwood basherwo at ncsu.edu
Mon Oct 18 17:56:26 CEST 2010

http://bugs.python.org/issue10137

At Guido's request, I've carried out the same update to the IDLE
distributed with Python 2.7 that I submitted for Python 3, to
incorporate the work of Guilherme Polo in the Google Summer of Code
2009. Guido was concerned that with significant problems reported for
IDLE 2.7, there should be an update despite Python 2.7 itself being
essentially frozen. The basic structure for IDLE 3.2 was carried over.
The main changes that had to be made were the change in module names
between Python 2.7 and Python 3.2 (e.g. Tkinter in 2.7 is tkinter in
3.2).

Bruce Sherwood