[Idle-dev] IDLE Freeze

David Nielsen dniels35 at dmail.dixie.edu
Fri Aug 26 20:52:07 CEST 2011

Hi,
I am having an issue with IDLE.
I'm running IDLE 2.7.2 and Python 2.7.2 with Tk 8.5 on Mac OS X 10.6.8.  The
install package was downloaded from the following Python.org link under the
"Downloads" section:
Python 2.7.2 Mac OS X 64-bit/32-bit x86-64/i386
Installer<http://www.python.org/ftp/python/2.7.2/python-2.7.2-macosx10.6.dmg>

When I open a new window either by File>New Window or by Command-N, IDLE
freezes every time, forcing me to do a Force Quit on the program.
The first time I ran the program I opened a new window without issues.
 Since then I have had no success in opening a new window without having
IDLE freeze up.

I searched the forums and found a post from over a year ago with the same
issue but I am wondering if this is still a current issue and any progress
on fixing this bug.  In the meantime, is there any sort of workaround that I
can employ?

Thanks for your support in this matter,

--
Dave Nielsen