[Idle-dev] multiple Python versions and testing

Sean Wolfe ether.joe at gmail.com
Wed Dec 14 19:50:49 CET 2011

Looking over the bug list for IDLE, it looks like it will be useful
for me to be running multiple Python versions, to be able to work on /
test various versions. I personally haven't made the switch yet as my
two favorite Pythonic things, Django and Pygame, are still in the 2.x
world. Im currently running 2.7 for my personal projects. That being
said though, I'm happy to give the 3.x world a shot.
Is there anything I should keep in mind running multiple versions?
Just make sure my PYTHONPATH and IDLEPATH, plus basic system path to
my python binary, are where I want them? I'm assuming as idle devs you
guys are running multiple versions. Any gotchas or special things I
should be looking for? Anything that might invalidate testing?

--
A musician must make music, an artist must paint, a poet must write,
if he is to be ultimately at peace with himself.