[Idle-dev] IDLE going forward

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Thu Feb 3 07:29:23 CET 2011

On 2/2/2011 6:22 PM, Robert wrote:
> On 2011-02-02 17:18:41 -0500, Corey Richardson said:

>> Considering that all non-bugfix changes aren't being accepted for Python
>> 2, this would be strictly Python 3.
>
> I was thinking that as well. The Python class that I am taking is all P3
> and has Tkinter stuff in it. :-)

Since IDLE is not really library code, but an application, one could
argue that the no new feature rule should not necessarily apply. But I
personally would only make that argument for 3.2. I will ask on pydev
when there is code to argue over.

I no no interest at present in backporting to 2.7. One reasone is that
once 3.2 is out, I think most new Python programmers should start with that.

--
Terry Jan Reedy