[Idle-dev] First line and cursor not visible when opening a file.

Simon Forman forman.simon at gmail.com
Fri Jul 15 00:13:52 CEST 2011

I apologize if this is old news. I searched the Python bug tracker and
idle-dev list without finding any mention,

I'm using IDLE 2.6.5 on Ubuntu 10.04.

When I open a file that is longer than the edit window the first line
(containing the cursor) is above the top of the edit window.  Put
another way, the file opens with the second line at the top of the
window rather than the first, giving the impression that the file
starts at the second line, and that the cursor is absent.

I figured I'd ask about it here before filing a bug.

Can anyone shed any light on this behavior?

Warm regards,
~Simon

--
My blog: http://firequery.blogspot.com/

"The history of mankind for the last four centuries is rather like
that of an imprisoned sleeper, stirring clumsily and uneasily while
the prison that restrains and shelters him catches fire, not waking
but incorporating the crackling and warmth of the fire with ancient
and incongruous dreams, than like that of a man consciously awake to
danger and opportunity."  --H. P. Wells, "A Short History of the
World"