[Idle-dev] Dealing with image related code which cannot run

SKHUMBUZO ZIKHALI akekhofananaye at yahoo.co.uk
Tue May 24 17:12:30 CEST 2011

Hi:

I am learning Python on my own using a " Guide to Programming with Python"
book. Author of the book is Micheal Dawson and I am using version 2.3.5 of
python.  When I try to run the code I do not get required results. The picture
could not be loaded. I get trackback message regarding undefined module.The
example from the book is as follows:

from liveswires import games

games.init(screen_width = 640, screen_height = 480, fps = 50)
wall_image = games.load_image("wall.jpg", transparent = False)
games.screen.background = wall_image

games.screen.mainloop()

Can anyone please assist me.

Thank you