[Idle-dev] Abnormal behaviour on "replace" form.

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Sun Sep 25 02:51:49 CEST 2011

On 9/24/2011 3:57 AM, Ned Deily wrote:
> In article<1737121361.20110922110918 at gmail.com>,
>   Kachanovsky R.S.<romich.mindgamer at gmail.com>  wrote:
>> When I try to replace some text in the text, which ends with a backslash "\"
>> - IDLE is closed.

Verified with 3.2.2 on Win7, with a couple of seconds delay.

>> For example: http://clip2net.com/clip/m58534/1316678588-clip-6kb.png
>> I know about the escape-sequence \\, but it is very unexpected behavior.
>>
>> Sorry for my bad English. I use IDLE v3.2.1

You English is fine. Thank you for reporting this.

> That appears to be a bug in IDLE.

Or if in tkinter, one to avoid by checking replace strings.

>  It would be nice if you could open an
> issue about it on the Python bug tracker:
>
> http://bugs.python.org/

If you do, attach the .png and add terry.reedy as nosy.
What you already wrote above is enough.
If you do not wish too, please say so, and I will.

--
Terry Jan Reedy