[Idle-dev] Unicode Literal in IDLE. (python2)

Tomoki Imai tomo832 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 22 14:03:12 CEST 2013

Of cource, I know,  using Python3 is the best way.
But, there are libraries only supporting Python2 (i.e python-xlib).
Using Python2's dual-text system is not so difficult for me.
Because I'm Japanese, I had to handle Japanese with many charsets in every
programs I made.
And I have one simple rule.

"Use unicode type all time.
Input must be converted to unicode soon.
Output must be converted to str late."

And, fixing this bug can open a can of worms ?
I think, we should open it.
IDLE needs cleanup such as removing too old codes.