[Idle-dev] /me waves

Katie Cunningham katie.fulton at gmail.com
Fri Mar 22 12:16:06 CET 2013

So... wait. Before we continue: You're angry because someone used a
line on my blog to state his dissatisfaction with IDLE? I'm to blame
for starting a conversation about IDLE's issues?

Fair or not, the impression I get from most of the people I talk to is
that they believe IDLE is an abandoned project. When I tell other
Python developers that I use IDLE to teach, they look concerned and
list off other tools I should be using instead. Perhaps that's not
fair. Perhaps it's a problem of outreach, and letting people know that
IDLE is still being worked upon.

You didn't lose a week to me  making a snarky comment. You lost a week
because people really, truly think that nothing is happening in the
IDLE world, and many are embarrassed by it.