[Idle-dev] PEP 434 IDLE Enhancement Exception for All Branches

Todd Rovito rovitotv at gmail.com
Sun Mar 24 22:25:00 CET 2013

On Sun, Mar 24, 2013 at 1:56 PM, francis <francismb at email.de> wrote:
> Hi all,
> I've just checked the PEP 434, here my 2 cents:
Francis, Thanks for the excellent feedback!

> From reading the PEP is not clear to me how far the backporting relaxation
> on applying enhancements can go (2.7, 2.6, …?).
When we wrote the PEP we didn't want to mention any specific version
because version numbers will change in the future.  The title of the
PEP does state "IDLE Enhancement Exception for all Branches" but it is
up the author and core developers to make those back ported patches.
I personally don't think people will go further back than 2.7 but if
the PEP gets accepted then it would be possible to go back as far as
the author wants too.

> I thing there's a small typo:
> [...] So if we were to adopt the 'code = doc' --> philosopy <-- in the
> absence of detailed […]
Thanks for the typo correction!!!!